[Elphel-support] using elphel for the first time

flavio soares qazav3.0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:15:08 PDT 2012

Oleg, thank you very much! That was it! It works fine now!

This afternoon, I'll update this info at the wiki too, so that it can be
easily accessed.

Could I ask you one more question?

I am with the 353 model. I'm thinking about opening the camera to try some
Compact Flash cards I have here. These are the models I have:

I have one of this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/469825-REG/Kingston_CF1GBS_1GB_Elite_Pro_50X.html

And two of these:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=KICFU4GB&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

>From what I have, there was an issue with DMA from the cards, but the
thread seems to be old. What precautions should I take in opening the
camera? Also, if the cards do not work, will the camera simply hang or is
there any chance of damaging it?

Thanks again for the help!

best regards,

flavio