[Elphel-support] Problem in using of LiveDVD

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Wed Sep 14 23:25:16 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Jason Chen
<jianzhong_chen at agiltron.com.cn>wrote:

> **
> Hi, Andrey,
>
> Here is a screenshot captured from the EEE Box after a "netboot" command,
> the command "netboot" stopped with message "line 42: Kimage_1: Permission
> denied".

Hi Jason,

netboot uses low-level network access, it need superuser privileges.  Just
before ". ./init_env" do
sudo su
(and enter password)

Also - you do not need to create screenshot from konsole  output - in File
menu there is "Save output As..." and you can save everything as a text
file. You can also copy some text from that "black window" - select with the
mouse, than either right-click and select "Copy" or press CNTRL+SHIFT+C
(just CNTRL-C will not work there, because in means "abort command")

Andrey