[Elphel-support] datarate issue - HDD recording, while streaming.

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Mon Oct 17 09:12:04 PDT 2011

Nathan,

I was able to reduce the PHP's cpu usage and could run recording
1920x1088 at 25fps, quality 93, with streamer working, single frame size
~300K-~400K,
streamer ~60% cpu, camogm ~30% cpu (same w/o streamer).

The problem is that the php calls (status requests) are "too frequent" so
that they eat ~30%. I used my own interface (originally for our panorama
camera) for recording where the status calls interval can be programmed.
So that interval was 5 sec - can be more frequent, 2 sec worked also.

It could be a solution if Sebastian implements it in his GUI.

Regards,
Oleg