[Elphel-support] Connecting the IMU and GPS adapter boards to 10369 board

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Oct 11 15:18:38 PDT 2011

Lee,

sorry for our mailing list to be down - you probably already fighured that
out yourself - how to connect the boards.

Yes, it is possible to connect them to either connector, but then you'll
need to write those numbers to the EEPROM on the boards (then those settings
will survive reflashing of the camera) or just put them into the xml
configuration file fro the logger (that file is created when you first boot
the camera after reflash using the data in the EEPROMs).

By default the boards are programmed to use J9 (IMU, 103695) and J10 (GPS,
103696). For the GPS you may either set baud rate to "auito" or to specific
one. If you are using the same Garmin GPS 18x-5Hz, it does not send anything
until it is locked, so at the boot time it will not be recognized. If the
baud rate is set, software will count on it, so if the GPS data will be
logged when available, in "auto" - you'll have to either restart the camera
or re-run the initialization script.

Andrey