[Elphel-support] Best way to save consecutive jpg's to disk?

Brian Burke burke.brian.a at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:34:15 PST 2011

I'm interested in running my 353 in linescan mode, and saving the
consecutive jpg's to disk, to be "stitched together" later.  What would be
the best strategy for approaching this?

1) Using imgsrv?
2) Using camogm in "jpg" mode?
3) Something else?

I've read Michael Aschauer's excellent writeup of how he's using linescan
mode (
http://blogs.elphel.com/2010/11/elphel-as-a-line-scan-camera-for-river-panoramas/)
and he mentioned "In photo-finish mode the camera then samples just lines
and delivers composite images as video frames via RTSP network stream or
directly to a hard-disc."  However, it doesn't say exactly how to get these
images to disk.

Sorry in advance if I'm missing something obvious.