[Elphel-support] EXIF data from .mov file + other questions

Bader AlKahtani bader at kahtani.com
Tue Mar 1 06:24:08 PST 2011

Dear All,

I hope all is well.

Thanks a lot for all the support on the mailing list. I have been reading
the threads trying to answer my questions and I was hoping if I could get
some additional help with the following.

1) Splitting a video file to individual jpegs and linking Geo information to
each jpeg. What is the best practice for doing so? I read that recording a
.mov then extracting the exif data is a solution but how would that be done
- I would really love a step-by-step (I read that there is a php that does
this, can you forward that to me?).

2) If I would like to have an ultimate end product of a series of jpegs
(multiple per second) with Geo information attached, would be taking a video
and then linking the geo data post production the best approach?

3) I read in one of the threads about not needing to record a KML file in
order to geotag video frames and it also because it might make the processor
to go over capacity. What would I need to do to disable the KML file? Do I
uncheck geotagging in the Disk writing tool? Or do I uncheck 'Save Exif
Data' in the advanced tab?

4) How do I upgrade the SD Card? Where is the slot? Do I need to actually
take apart the case?

Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing back from you.

--

Bader K. AlKahtani*

E-mail: Bader at Kahtani.com <bader at kahtani.com>

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to

receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,

disclose or take any action based on this message or any

information herein.  If you have received this message in

error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail

and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.