[Elphel-support] General discussion about trigging

jeff witz witzjean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:30:18 PDT 2011

Dear Elphel developpers,

We have several cameras that works well for almost all our goals, but
there is one issue that causes real interrogations.
For a majority of our vision applications it is important to be able
to master perfectly the time when a frame is made. Of course we know
the process that allows one to trig the camera by internal or external
trigger. But we think that there is an issue that must be treated in
order to allows us to use our cameras in the best conditions. The
problem comes from the the way the trigger is made, indeed, if we set
external trigger then if we wait over a sensor idle time, the camera
looses the synchronization with the sensor. In our applications the
trig of a frame depends of "physical" events which are not periodic.
So we really need to have an external trigger which is able for
example to wait 20s. then trig 10 in  1s. then wait a min. Of course
wa

--
Jean-François WITZ