[Elphel-support] We probably broke our camera - any suggestions for debugging

Petri Välisuo petri.valisuo at uwasa.fi
Tue Jun 7 22:12:38 PDT 2011

We have used our Elphel 353L for about a year now.
It have always worked great. We have two sensor boards
for it. One is B&W withou NIR filter and another is RGB.
We have often opened the camera and changed the
sensor from B&W to RGB and back (perhaps 10 times).

But yeasterday, while replacing the sensor once again,
the camera ceased working. Most probably we
accidentally broke something. Could you give some
advice for debugging.

This is what we have already tried and what we have
observed:

*Firmware Version:* Elphel (R) Model 353 Camera release 8.0.8.48

1) The RTSP stream is not started at all any longer
2) The autoexposure module gets grazy and writes
     error messages all the time
white_balance.c:165:whiteBalanceCorr: ERROR Few pixels to process,
giving up. num_pixels=0, frame=103 (0x67)
autoexposure.c:177:main: ERROR Restarting autoexposure due to errors,
skipping a frame
white_balance.c:165:whiteBalanceCorr: ERROR Few pixels to process,
giving up. num_pixels=0, frame=104 (0x68)
autoexposure.c:177:main: ERROR Restarting autoexposure due to errors,
skipping a frame

3) The image from the camera is totally white
4) Even the test image from the FPGA does not work (FPGATEST=1)
5) The processor crashes when we tried to reflash the software,
     the system still works, so apparently the reflashing was not even
     started yet. The error was some processor synchronisation error?

Is there anything you could suggest us to do, or is it best to just order
a new 10353 board?

Best regards

    -Petri Välisuo

--
Petri Välisuo,petri valisuo at uwasa fi,
Tel: work +358 (0)6 324 8681  Mobile +358 (0)44 580 4320