[Elphel-support] [FIXED] RTSP & ( 2 x 353L ) over 24/7 = I x 353L works OK, the other 353L problematic.

Grahame M. Kelly grahame at wildpossum.com
Fri Jun 3 22:50:29 PDT 2011

Hi Stefan & Andrey.

Just back from interstate trip.

To answer Stefan:  I have both cameras frame-rate set to 50fps max, with
a image of 800 x 600 pix, both cameras are on the same Network.  There
are only three devices on the network, my testing system and the two
cameras.

To answer Andrey: what do you do to reconnect? just restart the stream
or you have to power cycle the camera?

I generally just restart the stream. BUT over time the disconnections
increase to the point where I am forced to do a complete cold-boot.

Can you get images after the connection is lost? Yes.

Are they normal or broken? Seem normal.

---- Current Status -----

I have only been back 24hrs, but this time I did notice that moving the
camera power packs around caused the problem to move to the other
camera.

On further investigation it appears that one camera power pack has on
its +12.3 VDC component a switching noise component of about +/- 5.2V.
Isolating both cameras on to my Lab Supply PSU {+12.4 VDC +/-1.7mV}
strangely the problem has totally disappeared.  I hope this is the
solution - replace the bad camera pack.

I will give the cameras a 24 hour test period to verify.

Thanks for all the assistance.
Grahame.