[Elphel-support] netboot script errors out

Heinrich Mueller eddie_v at gmx.de
Thu Feb 24 00:25:18 PST 2011

Am 24.02.2011 06:06, schrieb Brian Burke:
> Understood - will do. However, would a network problem affect getting
> the camera into netboot mode? I though getting into netboot mode was
> simply a function of power on/off - not network connectivity. Is that
> wrong?
>

> On Feb 24, 2011, at 12:03 AM, Andrey Filippov <andrey at elphel.com
> <mailto:andrey at elphel.com>> wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>>
>> It is better to use 192.168.0.0/24 <http://192.168.0.0/24> as the
>> camera default IP is 192.168.0.9
>>
>> Andrey

If I get this correctly, the netboot command sends a few raw mac frames
to the camera to activate the process.
I unplugged the camera 3-4 times, having it plugged in for about 3
seconds between retries.
Between the camera and the PC was just a simple network switch.
I then observed the output of the serial console. If you get to netboot
mode it will stop with a special character, stall a second
and then move on to programming the camera. Try to get serial outut, it
helps a lot to determine success.

Heinrich