[Elphel-support] rtsp server

Adam Gobi adam.gobi at acheron.com.au
Mon Feb 7 16:09:20 PST 2011

Sebastian, thanks for the suggestion, but yes I had tried reducing the
resolution.

Andrey, unfortunately the Live-DVD supplied with the camera hasn't worked
properly (says it can't find the Knoppix filesystem, which seems like an odd
error).  However, I downloaded the newest version of Ubuntu, booted off
that, and the streaming works just fine.

Actually, I think I'll switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu.  It's been years
since I used a PC, and the headaches involved with installing Linux on a
laptop scared me away from messing with the default OS of this PC.  However,
Ubuntu is quite impressive, and it appears that most things just work, with
the rest easily configured though pointing and clicking.  It's nice to see
things have come so far.

Best regards,
ag.

--