[Elphel-support] Question regarding NC353L-369-IMU-GPS

Steve Haviland havi0019 at umn.edu
Fri Dec 30 14:04:45 PST 2011

Hello,

For our recently purchased camera we would like to send the gps/imu/image
data to a gumstix computer to run different algorithms. To connect the
gumstix and the camera an expansion board is needed. If you are familiar
with gumstix products I was looking into the Tobi-expansion board which has
an 10/100baseT Ethernet, and a host of USB jacks. On the Elphel wiki for
normal use the Ethernet cable is used to go to power-source then split to
PC. My question is would there be any issues with having the Ethernet cable
feed directly into computer board as long as power is somehow provided?
Also to access the IMU and GPS data is there another connection needed or
is it accessible from the Ethernet cable? My EE background is not very
strong so going through the different boards has been a little difficult
but it appears that to access the GPS from the RS-232 port I would need
another connection from the 10369 board Ethernet jack.

If you would prefer me to present my questions in another forum or via chat
that would be fine for me.

Thank you,

Steve Haviland