[Elphel-support] technical doubts about our purchase

Carlos Padial palidoestudio2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:02:47 PST 2011

hi,

We are finalizing the details of the acquisition of an elphel kit
NC353L-369-HDD-12V-5C  (We will also get an energizer xp18000 to work
with).

i have some doubts about some technical aspects:

I've seen in the price list that fisheye lens requires an assembly.
Although the lens has to be assembled, is it still possible to be
exchanged after that for another lens? or is a fixed modification of
the camera?

also can someone provide us a sample image taken with the fisheye? we
are interested to know specially about this lens coverage against the
sensor. Can we get with this the full image circle inside the sensor,
or some crop is applied?

another question:

i read carefully all info about 12v it in the wiki (and talk page) and
I come to understand that the 12-volt adapter is not enough to power
the camera and hard drive.
So i think we dont need to purchase the 12V adaptor (as the HDD is
fixed to the camera, we always need more than 12v), and will be better
to search ourselves for a 16V or more to not damage the hdd.
¿you can't provide an appropiated adaptor?
if not, how many amps should provide the adapter to work safely with
this configuration?

thanks in advance,
and a happy new year :)