[Elphel-support] Aborted as retry counter expired

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Wed Dec 14 09:13:29 PST 2011

Dimitros,

That seem that the power supply is insufficient - that causes camera
reboot. What power supply are you using, what is the cable length? The 12V
is not far above the lower limit of the internal DCDC converter so the 12 V
should be really 12, not lower. The DC itself is 9-36V and there is a diode
bridge in series in the camera and the resistance of the wires may also
contribute. And you camera has more boards inside than a regular one. I
would try the following first - use higher voltage (can go up to 36V) and
see if the problem goes away. If it does, there is one thing that can be
done with the camera to increase the stability with the same power source -
eliminate the input diode bridge (actually bypass it).

When using power from the car we still use the regular 48V power and a
power inverter - while it uses some extra power it makes camera less
dependent on the battery voltage and simplifies wiring - with 48V you can
use 16 times longer cables compared to the 12V.

Andrey