[Elphel-support] Support-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 1

jeff witz witzjean at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 09:38:26 PDT 2011

Hello,
>Message: 3

>We should soon have more - this time with automatic orientation using
>attached IMU - we shoot some imagery in Yellowstone. By the end of the year
>we plan (with the new hardware) to work on real 3d stuff - it is interesting
>how nice would WebGL handle huge meshes (on what would be the best way to
>load them)  - not just simple spheres with the textures as now.

Let me suggest you to take a look at this page: http://www.x3dom.org/?p=2420

I have tested a lot of different ways to produce results for a web
browser in order to be able to display mechanical Finite Element
Results on a web borwser and this solution is the one I prefer.

You can produce directly X3D files (both blender and paraview can make
it) and with a simple exportere available on ubuntu (deb files) you
can export your data in webgl.

I hope it can helps you.

Best Regards.