[Elphel-support] Status of Theora FPGA encoder

Sebastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Sat Apr 30 16:04:11 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am planning to implement network video streaming features into the
Milkymist One (www.milkymist.org).

For this purpose, your Theora encoder obviously came to mind. But I have
some concerns about the Verilog code you have published:
http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/elphel/camera333/fpga/x333/

* Is that the right URL where the Theora encoder is?
* Where are the test benches? I would guess this code has needed
extensive simulation to debug it.
* Why does the code appear to need several clock domains?
* Is there any documentation (design documents, benchmarks, user
guide ...) about it available somewhere?

Thanks,
Sébastien