[Elphel-support] Flash on a two camera system

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Wed Apr 13 12:40:53 PDT 2011

Andreas,

that depends on what are you trying to capture. If ERS distortion is not a
problem in your case, and the LED is just to provide more light, not limit
the exposure - yes, you can do that (same as if LEDs were always ON for the
camera). If on the other hand, you need LED as a  "snapshot shutter" than
you have to reduce ambient light or increase the LED brightness and
simultaneously add neutral filters to the camera lens.

Andrey