[Elphel-support] Flash on a two camera system

Andreas Bean office at beanbox.com
Wed Apr 13 08:22:35 PDT 2011

Hello,

We are setting up a two camera system where the two cams will be
connected with the synchronization cable. As I remember it is possible
to transmit the timestamp to get exactly matching filenames.

Within this configuration we want to trigger a flash via an infrared
sender. Whats the best way to get the IR sender diode turned on when the
picture is taken or probably 1 or 2ms before?

Is there any documentation about the signal on the sync port? Can you
recommend a circuit to get the IR sender turned on when the trigger
signal is fired?

Andreas Bean