[Elphel-support] POE Injectors

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sun Oct 31 11:29:54 PDT 2010

Rock,

Due to uncertain legal issues with using phantom power in PoE applications,
Elphel cameras do not support operation with the 802.3af switches. Providing
our products under free software licenses we can not encumber them with the
incompatible licenses, so until these issues are resolved, our cameras are
intended to operate only with the midspan power supplies/injectors that come
with every camera we ship and to the best of our knowledge are clear from
the patent claims.