[Elphel-support] initial issues with a new elphel camera

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Sun Oct 31 03:02:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just received my elphel NC353L camera on Friday, and I seem to have
some issues with it.

At first, on Friday, I could fire it up, and I could connect to the
camera via the default 192.168.0.9 IP address, via ssh, HTTP and got
images from it too.

but now, two days later, I can't seem to make it work. today at first,
when I connected the camera to the POE adapter, it seem to have fired up
- the ethernet socket on the camera had the steady yellow and blinking
green lights. but I couldn't ping it or reach it in any way at IP
192.168.0.9. (I haven't changed the IP address settings earlier).

but, after a while, now the camera won't even have these blinking LED
lights at all, and the HUB I plug the other end of the ethernet cable to
doesn't register a connection either.

it seems as if the camera itself doesn't boot up by now.

I tried a number of UTP calbes, I tried two different POE power
injectors, but the result is the same.

this seems to be a very basic issue. what could be wrong?

Akos