[Elphel-support] developing Elphel 353 camera code (for ZoneMinder video surveillance, RTSP)

Gary Crum crum at cs.utah.edu
Fri Oct 15 17:15:55 PDT 2010

Hello, for everyone's benefit at Support-list at support.elphel.com, please see my message attached below, and a quick thank-you goes to Sebastian Pichelhofer;   He answered my question about how to "flash" the Elphel 353 camera with newly compiled code.  I was able to compile all code myself, and flash it to the camera using the web GUI, using a URL of this form on my local network:  http://192.168.0.9/reflash.php?NFS=192.168.0.15:/nfs/latest80/
That worked the first time I tried it, and I'm now running the firmware I compiled based on a CVS checkout of the latest 8.0.8.48 firmware.

Sebastian wrote:
---
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Usage_Tutorials

If your cameras flash image is not totally outdated you can also
reflash over a web gui:
http://blogs.elphel.com/2009/09/firmware-update-made-easier/
---

Now, my message on the topic of ZoneMinder video surveillance application was this -- I have no specific question but I appreciate all debugging and code-related suggestions.  I switch to my university e-mail address and want to see if my message is sent out to the list properly this time:

---