[Elphel-support] Elphel cameras synchronization

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sun Nov 28 12:11:36 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Alexandre Poltorak <alexandre at elphel.com>wrote:

> Is it possible to synchronize several hundreds cameras over the
> synchronization port ? Are there any technical requirement to the
> synchronization cable ? Can it be a simple bus ? (40 meters long)
>
> Alexandre,

I was never thinking of "hundreds" cameras to synchronize, but at least 100
should be probably possible directly. The output driver can generate at
least 0.5A signals, and the input opto-coupler needs just a few mA. I would
just measure those values directly, it should also be easy to add a
on-transistor amplifier, if needed.