[Elphel-support] What RTP server library is utilized inside of Elphel?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed Nov 24 08:07:26 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 3:06 AM, Sergey Bryukov <sbryukov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> what library or packet RTSP server is implemented with?
>
> Im asking because of
> there are needs to generate reference video stream on PC. It is
> important to utilize same approach because some stream processing
> could be moved to FPGA and will turn RTP payload to the costume one.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sergey

Sergey,

We tried live555.com (it was just live.com then) with the 333 camera (Ross
Finlayson wrote it himself), but because of the limited power of the Axis
CPU it was not fast enough, so we wrote the custom streamer optimized for
the lower power CPU and specifics of the cameras. The code is in
apps/astreamer.

As for the monochrome stream - it is just MJPEG. For color JP4 variants are
preferable.

Andrey

PS. Are you aware, that if you are going to modify the FPGA code and then
distribute it outside of your organization/company (as code or as part of
the camera firmware) it is also bound by the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license?