[Elphel-support] Extra CF disk: where to mount

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:37:15 PST 2010

Rock,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 17:48, Rock <rock at peppa.com> wrote:
>  Is there anywhere special my CF disk should be mounted?

You can freely choose where to mount it, in /var or /tmp, etc. manually.

>  I see the disk at /dev/hdb1 but its not mounted anywhere right now.
>
>  I don't see the /var/hdd entry in /etc/fstab for the /dev/hda1 cf disk that is mounted.
>  I don't see the /dev/hdb1 mounted at all, but perhaps it only mounts when hda
>   is full?

There is no automatic mounting like you might be used to from Ubuntu, etc.

You can use camogmgui
(http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Camogmgui) which will try to
mount the primary partition when the website is first called.

The Elphel System Preferences Dialog also features a GUI (in the 10369
settings) for mounting media where you can select the mountpoint.

>  Should I attempt a manual mounting ?

Sure you can also do it manually.

Regards Sebastian