[Elphel-support] Flashing the 353

Rock rock at peppa.com
Mon Nov 22 08:12:22 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 07:40:52PM -0700, Andrey Filippov wrote:
>      Is there another way to flash the 353 without using NFS?
>      Thanks,
>
>      --------------------------------------------------
>      Rock
>
>    Rock,
>
>    no, there is none - we've never wrote alternative code. What kind of
>    problems do you have with NFS?

 None really, I just wanted to see if there was a way to use SSHFS instead.
I have a natural aversion to NFS after years of using it :)

But SSHFS would have to be compiled (with FUSE as well) into the camera,
unless I could reverse mount the camera to my system, so that might be more
trouble that just using NFS. SSHFS would be convenient though because most of us
already have SSHD running on everything, and its secure as well.

  BTW, I just got my camera up and it works fine. I see these physical filesystems:

/dev/root                24576     15448      9128  63% /
/dev/part/rwfsblock      81920     13664     68256  17% /mnt/flash

The flash folder is populated with what appears to be configuration data:

ls -al /mnt/flash/
drwxr-xr-x   17 root     root            0 Nov 22 15:48 etc
drwxr-xr-x   20 root     root            0 Nov 10 16:46 html
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root            0 Nov 12 01:14 local
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root            0 Nov 12 01:14 root

Nothing to do now. I'm just reporting my first findings.

Thanks,