[Elphel-support] NFS Needed for Dev

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Fri Nov 19 09:37:08 PST 2010

> 1580c1580
> < usr/html/docs/elphel353-8.0.9.1.tar.gz
> ---
> > usr/html/docs/elphel353-8.0.9.tar.gz

Rock,

Nice you noticed that - many people don't see that. But in that particular
case it's OK - it is our fault, we just need to commit the current
target.lst

Make creates a list of the installed files and compares it against what is
supposed to be installed, so if something failed to build it will become
noticed.

The particular file usr/html/docs/elphel353-8.0.9.1.tar.gz - the build
process creates an archive of all the source files needed for the generation
of the camera flash image - same as distro at SourceForge (does not include
the original 3-rd party files like Linux kernel or PHP, only our new files
or modifications). The list of souce files is in src.list, there is also a
diff_srclist_cvs script that compares the src.list against the CVS. The
archive elphel353-8.0.9.1.tar.gz has the actual (possibly modified) source
of what is running in the particular camera (of course, if you add new files
you are supposed to include them in the src list to make that work), and
this archive is included in the camera image and it is available for
download when the camera is running. This is what we call /*source is
inside*/ (actually it had only 2 words, but one large company complained
after we already received the trademark registration from the USPTO ). We
find it very convenient - whatever custom modifications were made to the
camera, you can always find out what exactly is running there, troubleshoot
the problems.