[Elphel-support] NFS Needed for Dev

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Fri Nov 19 06:38:51 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Rock <rock at peppa.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 04:52:51PM -0700, Andrey Filippov wrote:
> >    Rock,
>
>  I was able to get the image to compile via make. I don't have NFS setup
> and it failed
>  there, which I expected.
>
>  I also notice that if I re-make, the build process starts from scratch.
>  Is it normal to recompile everything, even if it is not modified?
>
> Rock,

Actually, not everything is rebuilt (the build time is less), but still we
do not have ideal super-smart make to do only incremental, so yes,  when you
need to rebuild say just a driver, it goes through everything. It is better
with applications - then you can recompile/reinstall just it and test by
copying just the installed (under target/) to the camera.