[Elphel-support] NFS Needed for Dev

Rock rock at peppa.com
Thu Nov 18 11:32:27 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 07:56:15PM +0100, Sebastian Pichelhofer wrote:
> What do you mean?
>
> A firmware upgrade overwrites the entire camera internal file system.

  I don't understand the distinction you are making between an upgrade and
firmware upgrade. If everything is a file in the normal Elphel setup then
thats fine. But I have some questions:

 * How does the boot-loader work for example?
 * What if I want to boot a variety of kernels?
 * Can I boot with a special kernel option?
 * How do I upgrade my kernel and modules if needed?
 * Where are the special boot files?
 * Where do the FPGA files live?
 * Is there an overview of the Elphel file system?
 * Is there an overview of the boot process for the non-linux embedded BIOS?

 I'm looking for an overview of files so I don't have to go through a live
 system and find every piece the hard way. I know my way around linux, but
 every embedded system is different.

  Thanks,