[Elphel-support] camera bricked after re-flashing to elphel353-8.0.9 :(

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Tue Nov 16 19:41:44 PST 2010

Hi,

Continuing my previous e-mail, I managed to brick the camera after
re-flashing with the 8.0.9 image. What I did was, as I had the new image
accessible via NFS, at /var/tmp/nfs_test/, was the following:

cd /var/tmp/nfs_test
./nfs_update

this made some checkes, some copies, and then it said: reboot, at the
end. ever since, the camera doesn't work, meaning that none of the
lights light up as the ethernet cable is plugged into it. (this is the
same calbing that had it work before)

I tried with the IP address I set, and also with the original IP address
of 192.168.0.9. (of course, I've reset my laptops IP accordingly).

I can get the lights on the camera to turn on if I plug-unplug-re-plug
the ethernet cable in quick succession. but, the camera is still
unreachable. also, at this time, while my presumption was that it would
enter netboot mode, the lights behave the same as 'usual', the yellow
one is permanently on, the green one blinks sporadically.

how would I re-vitalize the camera?

I'm looking at the netboot installs cript, but I see that it would call
the etraxfsboot - but where would I get this from?
(yes, I'm deliberately trying to avoid setting up a complete dev
environment. IMHO a simple re-flashing of existing images should not
require a full dev env, including cross-compilers & stuff.

Akos