[Elphel-support] Image resize doesn't work in 353 - broken HW?

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Mon Nov 15 11:25:14 PST 2010

Dear Petri,

We fixed a bug that caused broken frames when the image was not full size.
It is fixed in firmware 8.0.9.1.

There's a quick fix for your firmware version - in a telnet session type
"fpcf -i2cw16 80e 0"

0x80e is an enable/disable Hact (Horizontal Active sync signal) regeneration
register of 10359 that is set to enable-state (0x7) by default by the
software.
And if it's enabled then if you change the frame size there should be
reprogrammed the length of the regenerated Hact (0x80a) - and it was not.
Setting 0x80e to 0x0 will make the 10359 to use sensors' sync signals.

http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Talk:10359

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev