[Elphel-support] how do I reflash the camera via netboot mode?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Sat Nov 6 01:37:18 PDT 2010

Andrey,

> Akos, the image looks really bad - I'm afraid this time the board is
> really broken. It is our fault - we suggested you to take the board
> out and twist it (something wrong as I wrote before). As the result of
> such twisting there are either the broken contacts between the pads
> and the traces - either on the FPGA or on the video memory. ESD damage
> can also be the cause. The only thing you can try while waiting for
> the replacement board - try to carefully reinsert the cable that
> connects the sensor board and the system one, at least at the end
> where you already disconnected it. But the connection is rather
> fragile so you might accidentally pull the cable on the other end too
> while disassembling the camera.

I just had time to disconnect the board from the CCD and re-connect it.
my results are good and bad at the same time. I'm getting a good image
in general - but I can also reproduce the broken image I sent. The way
to reproduce is: if I screw in the 'top-left' screw of the board into
the case 'totally', then the image is broken. if I let this screw to be
a bit loose, it's OK.

as all the other screws are already in, this loosening / tightening does
not change the physical orientation of the board in relation to the CCD.

so this really seems to be extremely sensitive.

Akos