[Elphel-support] how do I reflash the camera via netboot mode?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Nov 2 05:04:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Ã~Akos Maróy wrote:

> I tried to get help on this list, on IRC and via direct contact to
> elphel about resolving this problem. So far, I have not received help
> that would in fact solve this issue. While I've written to elphel, they
> have not directly responded to my inquiry. Some people were kind enough
> to reply through this mailing list, but unfortunately the help provided
> is not so far sufficient to solve my issue. on IRC, no one ever responds
> to anything.

As has been discussed internally, the issue will be resolved. But
currently it is unknown to us why the *new* batch of hardware has
failures. This was in fact the first time after almost 11
months of the new production process that someone reported a 'similar'
problem as before. Since the production process has been changed, you
shouldn't have suffered that older problem.

> I'm pretty much stuck now. I've spend over $1500 on a piece of brick.
> can't help to point out my frustration.

Realistically it has been less than a week since you reported the first
e-mail to the list. And all e-mails have been replied to. Since we are
very interested if this is a hardware failure or software failure it will
be looked after carefully.

> I'm giving it a try again: can someone, preferably from elphel, help in
> making the camera they just shipped actually work?

I guess in about 5 hours someone will be as awake as I am now... to get
'official' support. Sadly I don't feel good at all after last nights
dinner otherwise I would just have called you.

> at the moment it seems this would be in the form of specific
> instructions on how to reset the camera into its original state, which
> would mean reflashing via netboot. unfortunately there are no specific
> instructions for this on the elphel wiki page.

Saw this pages?
<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Reflashing_to_version_8_firmware_using_the_Elphel_LiveDVD>
<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Prod353>

Stefan