[Elphel-support] Using the RJ14 port to trigger a camera flash?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sat May 22 14:18:06 PDT 2010

Peter,

When you run the sensor from in triggered mode (TRIG=4) from the internal
generator (TRIG_CONDITION =0) you can still generate the output signal by
specifying appropriate value for TRIG_OUT (
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Trigger ). With the current code that
output signal will take place just before the start of the sensor exposure,
so you need to set exposure time to >= frame readout time and delay flash by
that time (approximately 1/15 sec). I'm working on the FPGA code now and I
added re-routing delay module from the input to output when (TRIG_CONDITION
=0) , so it will be possible to generate flash trigger directly, w/o the
need of additional external  trigger delay.

All synchronization I/Os require 10369 (not 10359) board to have convenient
access to the I/O lines - it has both output drivers and the signals are
routed to external modular connector. The system board (10353) has only the
high density inter-board connector that contains just the FPGA I/O signals
but no output drivers.