[Elphel-support] LiveDVD, Firmware upgrades, etc

Oleg andersonnotgood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 10:25:11 PDT 2010

Dear Felix,

Unfortunately I don't know what firmware version you've got. What does
"/etc/issue" say?

Which way is currently recommended to update the firmware?

Prod353 is quite reliable.

 After that I tried using Prod353, but it seems that the instructions at
> http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Prod353 are out of date - the
> commands provided seem to be in the wrong directory, and even after
> running ./install_elphel the files "etraxfsboot" and "cmdline" are not
> to be found where they are supposed to be.

Yes, that page is outdated a little and also is missing some information.
I'll update it.

"etraxfsboot" and "cmdline" - for these files you need to install CRIS gcc
compiler - see instructions<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu#Installation_of_GCC_Compiler_kit_for_Axis_ETRAX_processor>
Then configure NFS<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu#Configure_your_NFS_server>and
build the firmware. If you have any errors or missing packages please
check Elphel Software Kit for
Ubuntu<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu>

After that Prod353 should be installed without a problem.

Oleg