[Elphel-support] combining frames

Andreas Bean office at beanbox.com
Fri Mar 26 23:38:59 PDT 2010

Hello Stefan,

Sounds very interesting. I have already connected a 9DOF IMU Unit for
Image stabilization which can be used for flight stabilization too.
Additionally a Android Phone is connected via wlan which serves the
internet connection and gps and could transfer images!
The only thing left is connecting the motor controllers to the cam.
Currently the IMU unit is connected via the usb bus, which might have to
much latency for balancing the quadcopter.  In order to get the device
flying it could be better to connect the IMU sensors and the motor
controllers directly to the I²C bus or implement the stabilization in
the FPGA. But we have to ask Andrey if he thinks that the bandwidth and
latency of the I²C will be good enough for flight stabilization, or do
you know?

Andreas