[Elphel-support] General questions about Elphel cameras

Aleksandar Lazic al-elphel at none.at
Sat Mar 20 03:49:04 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'am now reading some parts of the wiki and try to find some answers.

Maybe you can help me to find it faster ;-).

http://www3.elphel.com/importwiki?title=Imgsrv

As far as I understand is the Imgsrv a program which sends 'snapshots'
from the current picture, no streaming, right.

Do you know about the russian fast webserver nginx, he have similar
features as lighty but looks more stable?

http://www3.elphel.com/importwiki?title=Camogm

Is there a possibility to get the streams to the network, maybe I missed
something on this site?

In the current video surveillance market the MPEG4 2 & Mpeg4 10 (H.264)
format comes more and more common.

Depend on the vendor the streams are send over UDP RTP/RTSP or HTTP/TCP
is it possible to get such stream from elphel cameras instead the
current supported one:

ogm - MJPEG video in Xiph Ogg container
jpeg - series of the individual JPEG files (1 file per frame)
mov - MJPEG video in Apple QuickTime(R) container

I know that the MPEG4 format need to be licensed, maybe there is a 'open
source' license from the MPEGroup.

I have seen the follwing link to get JP4 Stream from elphel

http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=JP4#GStreamer_plugins_for_Elphel_JP4_image_and_video_processing.C2.A0

please can you help me to get a ogm or mov stream from the camera.

Thanks for your informations

Aleks