[Elphel-support] Simple Video processing with Elphel cameras

Araujo, Leonardo Leonardo.Araujo at sicpa.com
Sun Mar 14 05:49:55 PDT 2010

Hi guys my name is Leonardo Araujo I'm a system developer at Sicpa. We
recently bought a NC353L camera and I could successfully get it running.
I don't know if you guys remember but I had to do some simple processing
(just run a threshold in a grayscale image) to measure the height of
products passing in front of the camera. A sample video of the system
running using a standard basler
camerahttp://www.youtube.com/leotrisport#p/a/u/2/xQY4pTcDSO0
<http://www.youtube.com/leotrisport#p/a/u/2/xQY4pTcDSO0>

Here is the source code of this height measurement system

http://code.google.com/p/cameraservice/
<http://code.google.com/p/cameraservice/>

Now our objective is to implement this process embedded in the Elphel
camera, our idea is something like that...

In the FPGA

1) Run the threshold filter

2) Extract a region of interest and place in some shared memory

In the processor

1) Get the shared memory and look for the most tall pixel.

2) Return this pixel coordinate through a socket to some PLC

The great questions are...

1) Where do we begin changing the FPGA verilog (Here we work with
Verilog and VHDL)

2) How do we compile things to run inside the camera  (Some kind of
crosscompile running in our machines and generating code inside the
linux 353 processor)

3) I've saw that future versions of Elphel cameras will use a different
processor, but you guys will st

This message was delivered through encrypted mechanism.

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed or otherwise directed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the Company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments
for the presence of viruses.
The Company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.