[Elphel-support] nc353l with 3 sensors

Oleg oleg at elphel.com
Mon Mar 8 14:22:51 PST 2010

Dear Daniele,

> 1. I've seen the 10359 multi sensor board image. How will the sensor be
> connected to it? I suppose there wil be some sort of wiring connected in
> the
> three slots... how long can this wiring be?

The sensor board is connected to the 10359 in the same way it is connected
to the system board. And the interface between 10359 and the system board is
also the same.
In our Stereo Camera 8-inch cables are used.

2. Where can I find the exact dimensions of the 10338 sensor frontend?

Download a PCB layout from our wiki page
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=10338 (the link is under the last
image)
The size is 29x29 mm. We recently made a new sensor board and its size is
29x15 mm.

3. I see 3-sensor option is listed as "development boards". Does it means we

> will have to assemble the camera from scratch, install the software, on it,
>
> etc... or can you build and install for us a customized 3 sensor board
> which
> we can directly integrate in our instrument?

The only thing we don't have is the 3-sensor camera body. All the boards
exist and the firmware for the 10359 board FPGA exists also - it provides
some modes for out Stereo Camera and also such basic things like channel
switching.

4. What are the pixel and sensor dimensions?

Pixel size 2.2µm x 2.2µm, active sensor size: 5.70mm(H) x 4.28mm(V). Our
standard sensor is Aptina's MT9P001 5MPix

> 5. What is the spectral response of the sensors you use? Is there any
> option
> for UV sensors?

See attachment. No, there's no option for UV, I'm afraid.

> 6. Is it possible to simultaneously use imgsrv and camogm, in order to send
>
> the images to an external client and have them saved on the camera at the
> same
> time? Will this reduce the acquisition speed?

Yes, it is possible. The speed depends on the CPU usage. Most likely it will
not be reduced.

10.6 fps(RGB) or 14 fps(JP4 raw) @2592x1936

> 8. How will the 3-sensor management impact on framerate (from external
> client)?

The resulting frame rate from the 10359 will be the same as from a single
sensor. Depends on what you would like to have on the output.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Elphel, Inc.