[Elphel-support] Using the RJ14 port to trigger a camera flash?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed Jun 9 15:19:20 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Peter Rakhunov

> Hello Andrey,
>
> I noticed in this email that you said you were working on the FPGA
> code. I am curious if there is any updates on that.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter
>
> Hello Peter,

yes there are some updates related to external trigger. When camera is
running in triggered mode (TRIG=4) it is now possible to specify the output
pulse delayed from the sensor trigger. And when synchronizing multiple
cameras it is possible to transmit/receive complete timestamp, not just the
sync pulse. If external timestamp is selected, frames will have that
external timestamp (common to multiple cameras), not just the local
timestamp. That can simplify matching frames acquired by synchronized
cameras