[Elphel-support] redirect rtsp to /dev/video0???

Esteban Correa-Agudelo esteban at sirius.utp.edu.co
Mon Jul 26 15:20:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a elphel 353 camera that I use for image processing tasks (OpenCV).
In order to get the stream from rtsp source, I use a videoloopback solution
(avld+mencoder), then, I can access directly to /dev/video0 with a function
in order to read the stream without any image issue. Although, last solution
works!, I have a lot of problems with the stability of mencoder, and the
prototype needs to work 24/7 :S

That is why I have used gst-launch outputting to /dev/video0 using AVLD
(vloopback) in order to test another solutions=
*$sudo modprobe avld width=640 height=480 fps=0
$gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.200:554 latency=100 !
rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec ! filesink location=/dev/video0
*
but If I test with mplayer first I see a wrong stream (attached file)*=
$sudo mplayer tv:// -tv
"driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:noaudio:outfmt=rgb24:fps=30"*

Best Regards

Esteban M. Correa Agudelo
Laboratorio Sirius HPC
Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira