[Elphel-support] Fwd: Re: mage Noise problem

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Wed Jan 27 11:06:17 PST 2010

Hello All,

It looks like I have the same (?) issue with image noise as mentioned by
Kaien - test image is available here:
http://www.ndl.kiev.ua/downloads/image_noise.raw - the image is taken via
http://<camera-ip>/raw.php interface with fully closed lens iris.

All parameters are at default values, so far the only changed camera
setting is its IP address.

The "status report" of the camera is available here:
http://www.ndl.kiev.ua/downloads/elphel_status_report.txt - "FPGA Version"
is 3534011 (which seems to be the latest one?), so I haven't tried to
upgrade FPGA to CVS version.

Is it possible that default sensor sensitivity/gains are too high for the
purposes of "getting clean image"? If yes, what would be the best place to
change these and what are the suggested values?

Thanks!

--
Good luck!                                     Alexander