[Elphel-support] Camera issue

Elphel Support List list-ticket at elphel.com
Tue Feb 23 13:29:03 PST 2010

Dear Salvador,

>    Firstly, i am unable to know how find out whether it is recording on the CF
>    cards or not. If it recording
>    onto the CF card, which one? Is there a way to designate which card it
>    should record onto?

It's not recording anywhere by default. Go to the camera's index page - the link to the Disk Recorder. There's a Format tab and you'll need to mount CF cards filesystems there if you have "no devices found". Then you should be able to record.

Alternatively, you can mount them from the command line (use telnet, ssh or http://192.168.0.9/phpshell.php). The CF cards will be detected as "/dev/hda1" and "/dev/hdb1" :
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/0
mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/1

Or, if you want them to be auto-mounted after reboot add proper records to "/etc/fstab", example:

# device             mountpoint         fstype     options            dump/pass
dev/hda1            /mnt/0             ext2       defaults           0 3
dev/hdb1            /mnt/1             ext2       defaults           0 3

>    i do not get the full size with 24fps. I only get 10fps, is there a setting
>    i am missing?

The sensor is able to provide only 15fps max at full resolution and the compressor decreases it a little. So, you'll need to either change resolution or set binning.

>    i am unable to also get JP4 but rather JPEG which is very unusual since i
>    was hoping to get RAW JP4
>    at 24fps. Can you help me figure out what i might be doing wrong?

The JP4 and other formats can be set from the Camera Control Interface (a link from the camera's index page). I attached a picture - after you open the interface click on the camera icon and then on the "more details" link near the small preview picture.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev,
Elphel, Inc.
www.elphel.com