[Elphel-support] linescan mode

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Wed Feb 3 09:41:39 PST 2010

Andrey Filippov:

> Michael, most likely (but I'm not 100% positive) the FPGA code does not
> need any changes, just the software. And unfortunately we do not have
> sufficient resources to do that job. I can only offer some help by
> answering particular questions related to that code, not to do the
> actual coding.

back to that question. I currently have a 353 camera (from Sebastian), a
fully working development setup and latest firmware from CVS.

I notice "PF_HEIGHT" ist still part of the settings (in parsedit.php)
and - at least - comments of the FPGA source indicate the photofinish
stuff is still in there.
still I wonder how I could put this pieces together?

as far as I think, the driver (what actually is the driver in terms of
source code/files?) should handle that information (PF_HEIGHT) to the
fpa and programm FPGA ans sensor into linescan-mode. Then fpga aquires
image in linescanmode and delivers it back to the chain/buffers as
normally (if not architecture changes described here[*] make more
changes necessary). so how would I do that?
  or am I completely wrong here?

any hints appreciated
best,
m,-