[Elphel-support] External triggering

Oleg oleg at elphel.com
Tue Feb 2 09:49:13 PST 2010

Dear Ángel,

*J15 - SYNC EXTERNAL (RJ14 telephone-style connector)*

Go to page: http://192.168.0.9/parsedit.php,
then "External trigger controls" (there are tips for each parameter on mouse
over).

You can switch on internal trigger generator with a programmed period.

For external triggering  you need to configure GPIO[10] to receive the
trigger signal - set TRIG_CONDITION to 0x200000.

TRIG_CONDITION is a 22-bit register where 2 bits are used for programming
each GPIO (from 0 to 11, e.g., TRIG_CONDITION[1:0] will program GPIO[0]) -
MSB enables input and LSB selects active trigger signal level. Btw, 3.3V
should be enough.

If you want to generate trigger pulse from the camera, program GPIO[11] -
set TRIG_OUT=0x800000 (same as in TRIG_CONDITION register - MSB enables and
LSB selects level).

And set TRIG=0x4.

You can also try -
http://192.168.0.9/sync.php?role=detect&channel=external- it will set
GPIO[10] & GPIO[11] and you'll just need to set the TRIG
parameter after.

Best regards,
Oleg