[Elphel-support] stereo camera: resizing and combined frames mode problems

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Mon Dec 6 13:33:01 PST 2010

Dear Philip,

1. Image Resizing: When setting the image size to a higher frame rate (e.g.
> 1600x1200) on setting the parameter the image goes scramble (see below).

The cameras were flashed with the latest firmware 8.0.9.1, but somehow it is
missing the correction of the bug with frame resizing for the 10359 MUX
board. My fault.

The quick fix would be telnet/ssh to the camera and type a command:
*fpcf -i2cw16 80a 640*
0x80a - register address where the regenerated line length is stored.
0x640 = 1600 - line length

But I would advise you to build the firmware on your PC and reflash camera.
note1: after it is built in the NFS folder you'll have the image in
/nfs/images/8.0.9.1, check the build log if everything's ok.
note2: go to http://cam-ip/ -> System Preferences -> Firmware and reflash
camera from there - write me if you'll be having any problems with it.

2. Setting stereo mode ­ no effect. On the first camera we set stereo mode
> by going to http://stereo0/359/10356_controls.html and setting parameters
> there. We also directly set up stereo by execution of a php command also.
> On the new camera this does not work. Equally we go to the new 359 setup
> under system preferences and this fails to work also.

We updated the firmware for the MUX board not long ago - some logic changed.

"stereo mode" - do you mean the combined mode (when you see images from 2
sensors at the same time) or alternating mode?

How to set the stereo mode:
1) (for the firmware you've got at the moment) Fix images resizing and set
the desired frame size.
2) If the camera boot in a single sensor mode: go to http://cam-ip/ ->
Parameter Editor -> check "multisensor" and follow the "view/edit current"
link
set TRIG to 0x4 -> apply

3) Go to the camera GUI (see the screenshot attached)
There's marked (M 1 2)
M - stands for mutisensor or combined mode (can be enabled only when
TRIG=0x4)
1 - channel 1
2 - channel 2

4) After the M is set I noticed unfortunately that the horizontal frame size
is set to the full size 2592 -> set it back to 1600 (going to check it for
the correct firmware).

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev