[Elphel-support] Reasonable motorized lenses for 50-60 meters zooming for Elphel camera

Roman Golomidov roman.golomidov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 01:50:05 PDT 2009

My task implies remote zooming at 50-70 meters distance with quality
enough to recognize a faces.

Would like to ask for an advice about possible lenses for this.

I suggest it would be enough  H10Z1218MS  	 12-120mm F1.8 10X, 3
motors w/ spot  from http://rmassa.com/manu/computar.htm
Am I right? May be where is another better solution?

And second question is about to control this lenses.
As Elphel answered - thereis no standard on board possibility to
control such lenses from camera.
But it is possible to connect lenses to camera's USB port through
controller. Can anybody suggest any model?