[Elphel-support] Source init_env in current working directory

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Tue Dec 1 16:09:14 PST 2009

> To me or other non-Elphel people, normally the working directory is a
> subdirectory.

You do not start with "make update"? Updates are happen rather frequently.

> Beside it takes too long to open Elphel project in KDevelop.

How long? I've seen it takes time to open the first time, but then it is
rather fast.

>  I would rather go to my working directory directly, modify the source,
> compile it and then transfer it to camera for test.

If it is completely separate project, that does not need to communicate with
existent software, use header files - then I would agree. But I find easier
to find related definitions, functions when the project is in KDevelop with
ctags and other features.

> Anyway it won’t bother me as I can always overwrite the original init_env
> file.

Again - that is correct if you do not do "make update" - after each revision
number change you'll need to re-run configure and init_env wil be
regenerated.

Andrey